December 12, 2018 at 4:07 pm #789
NgacceleratorKeymasterngcoins: 5,227ngcashcoins: 13
As a member of the Ng Accelerators it’s a must you join our book reading hub. It is specially created to help you with a book that renews your mind, energize you soul and guide your thinking.
We believe that you can’t produce more than you have and one of the best way to increase what you have is by reading.
I know a lot of Nigerians don’t read that much and failure to do that is the visible results in our lives and our nation at large. At Ngacclerators we have decided to take an action on it and that is why this forum will always stay at the top in this platform.
People think it’s hard to read books well actually it isn’t, it the easiest thing to do. In this topic I will show you how to read nothing less than 48 books per year without stress and without you feeling like you are forcing yourself to read although it will require some efforts on your own end to cultivate this habit until it becomes natural to you.
Am sure you should be awaiting my formular to read 48 nothing less than books in a year here is it take it and use it.
- When you have a book to read all you need is find out how many pages it has. In this case let’s say I have decided to read a book called The Genius In A Nigerian Child and this book has 587 pages most books have less than this it’s very common to see books less than 300 pages and lesser the shorter the book pages are the faster you can finish them and move on to another one.
- You will need to divide the book pages by 7 which are for 7 days in a week. In my case I divided 587/7=83. This means I need to read 83 pages per day.
Did I just hear someone say “Oh my God how am I going to read this per day?” Alright say tune will tell you below
- Reading 83 pages at a go in some case could lead to you forgetting what you read, not mediating on it there by you don’t use what you have learnt it and it eventually equals a big waste of time. What do next is divide the 83 pages by 3 and now I have I 28 pages.what does this means? It simply means I have to read 3 different times in a day to cover up this book in a week. How to do this is left to you based on your timing and what you do daily recall that for some books you might have to read less than 83 pages per day and this frees up more time.
- Based on how fast or slow you are at reading. It’s good to go at your own pace what the point of rushing if you can’t retain what you read which discards the purpose of accumulating knowledge for application. From my experience it takes less than 30 minutes to read 28 pages or up to an hour if you have to go over each line for affirmations as some complex books may require you go slow and steady. Dedicating up to 1 Hours 30 Minute or 3 hours per day to a book makes you reach your daily read quota no matter how many pages the book has.
- Now if you read a book in a week, it means you will read 4 books in a month and 48 books in a year at minimum. A lot of people will surpass this quota as most books you read won’t have up to 500 pages and in case they are still above you can always find ways to make it still work as long as you want.
- The only hard thing here is choosing when to read those books as we are all different based on where we live and what we do. For a self-employed person like me I can easily pause whatever am doing any time to meet up with my read quota when I want. For an employed person reading when in bus or car has already provided you with one or two free time depending on how stressful you may be when coming back from work but when going to work you have all the pure energy needed to work. You can easily find the other 2 time needed to complete you daily read quota. As a student or nursing mother the same applies as in the case of self-employed or entrepreneur
According to my research an average Nigeria spends more than 3 hours per day on social media am not saying it isn’t good to be there you can replace some of those time with your read schedule and believe me by the time you start reading and start sharing some elements you read it will change how people interact with you there by making your presence worth the time.
Okay that’s it how to read nothing less than 48 books in a year.
The aim of this article is to give you an overview of how possible it can be done and not how it should be done. Feel free to use your own creativity to adjust things to your taste and still achiever same or more results.
Feel free to reply below what challenges you have or what has been working for you to achieve your 1 book per week read quota.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.